Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Journey Through Silence: An Introduction

Journey Through Silence
Introduction

I have started and stopped many things in my lifetime, 
because I was lacking in my personal ability,
so it seemed, to believe in myself, and the reasons I first arrived 
at my decision to bring this book together in its content and form.

Years have passed since I first made my decision to 
open up the pages of my life, and there has been so much experience gained, that I may now more successfully depict the sovereignty and the glory of God, 
in His governance of my personal life today.

As an adult survivor of atrocities known as abuses against children, 
and my still to this day venturing toward that personal state of 
becoming [someone] who has overall overcome this tragedy,
I can tell you that there is not an altogether very dignified 
and graceful element in the process of healing.  
Personally speaking that is.

Healing, demands within itself a self intended willingness to go back; 
back into the deepest reservoirs of self; doing so with a purposed intention 
of recall, reflection and recovery, beginning at the base 
from the inside of the broken child.

Healing requires a personal revisiting so to speak 
of the nightmarish world and reality of having been deliberately 
and systematically abused.

Journey Through Silence is about crossing bridges, figuratively speaking.

It is a compilation of written expression centered upon the personal experience of my victimization, yet having overcome the many
abusive instances suffered throughout my childhood.

Journey Through Silence is a book about brokenness
and the tremulous chaos inside the human spirit
once wounded and dysfunctional.

A journey that encompassed the various tragedies and
the inevitable triumphs that followed in accordance with Gods’ grace.

This journey envelops the tangled concepts of dirty secrets,
family loyalties and the burden of shame.

My journey through silence has brought me forward to the
doorstep of self-discovery and self-recovery. 
Journey Through Silence is about the power of forgiveness 
and my journey toward healing, boldly forward and through
the treacherous vortex of emotional anguish 
and spiritual detachment.

Journey Through Silence is about finding ones voice
after many years of silence.

Only God could move the mountainous obstruction 
of the shame that once paralyzed me. 

It is here that I surrender my silence.

 An Empowered Woman
Each day I am presented with an incredible lesson inside the experiences and challenges too that have and do continue to come my way.  So is life.
I have grown to realize that attitude, namely mine, has so much to do with the outcomes of life's challenging events, moments and questions.

Whether I'll pass through, or fail these challenges, is at most up to me.
That is a rather empowering perspective; for me anyway.  I have had enough [time] to basically sit
down and take a long hard look at my life; my steps along the way.

Today, I'd proudly stand up and say, I am an empowered woman; proudly but not arrogantly.
I've collected numerous experiences along my journey on this road called life. 

Some experiences that I'd prefer at some points to spare the details, but yet, I am more inclined to go there and divulge details so that the fullness of my life can be further emphasized, and somehow better understood.

I've collected what I refer to as"pearls of wisdom" along my personal journey throughout life; those in which I have now folded into my life's reference tool kit; this is my life...
That I may present myself as an open book, thus expands my fullness in freedom...
...therefore expanding my fullness in life.


I welcome you to the doorstep of my Journey Through Silence.


2 comments:

  1. This was one of the most beautiful descriptions of defeat climbing toward victory I have ever read. I can definitely appreciate Mina's philosophy of 'running toward life.' Mina speaks of aloneness and destitution as if they were her best friend. There is 'no dignity or grace' when trying to even understand these spiritual violations, let alone explain them. But that is exactly what Mina has done with her Surrender of Silence.

    I sense a strong sense of spiritual, emotional cleansing...

    This is awesome...I am sooo glad I discovered her before so many others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found my blog, Femdenity. I would have never known that you too were a Sister of Survival. The journey from being broken to finally feeling whole is something hard to explain, but it is a truly spiritual moment. I think this post is the closest I've found to explaining what many of us go through. So thank you for following Femdenity, for sharing your story, and I really hope you consider doing an article for my blog. I am even okay with you choosing to select this post. It is really brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the doorstep of my Journey Through Silence.
Your comments are both welcome and appreciated.